One excellent use of server scripting is with SwiftView. SwiftView is vastly more flexible than any other Netscape Plug-in or Internet Explorer ActiveX. That’s easy to say, but what we really provide? Here are a few examples that can’t be done, so far as we know, with any other product:
- Control which SwiftView buttons are displayed, what they say and what they do.
- Control default SwiftView settings, like PCL paper size and HPGL pen colors.
- Add markup text like “PRELIMINARY” to any drawing or document.
- Add hypertext links into the documents or drawings themselves.
- Add “sticky notes” to documents or drawings